Fiscal Management for Prevention Professionals: Writing Proposal Budgets & Budget Narratives
January 24, 2023 @1:30 PM - 4:45 PM
Taught in 15 three-hour sessions, this series assists individuals with understanding the comprehensiveness and complexity of the Fiscal Management within the field of Prevention. Each session may be taken independently, or attendees may choose to participate in the entire series.
CEUs: Prevention, CHES
Fiscal Management for Prevention Professionals: Grant Writing Series is a 45-hour educational series designed to provide prevention professionals with an in-depth examination of the grants profession. Taught in 15 three-hour sessions, this series assists individuals with understanding the comprehensiveness and complexity of the field. Each session may be taken independently, or attendees may choose to participate in the entire series. This series was created to assist prevention professionals with advancing their OCPS credential to an OCPC by providing the full 45 hours required in the Fiscal Management content area. The series covers the following content:
- An overview of philanthropy in the U.S.
- Grant professional skills and competencies
- Proposal idea development
- Persuasive proposal writing
- Enhancing proposal readability
- Finding funding opportunities
- Determining whether or not to apply
- Building relationships with funders
- Interacting with program officers
- Grant writing professionals as change agents and social entrepreneurs
- Proposal writing, including: Letters of Intent and Letters of Inquiry, organizational profiles, needs statements, goals/objectives/outcomes, program plan, sustainability plan, proposal summary, proposal budgets, and budget narratives
- Putting the proposal package together
- Ethical practices in the grants profession
- Identifying grant scams
- Tips for working in a group grant writing team
- Working with partners and collaboratives through the grants process
- Post award management
Session attendees will be able to:
1. Accurately articulate the various components of the grants profession.
2. Differentiate between best practice grant writing practices and ineffective practices.
3. Apply effective grant writing skills to advance their fundraising efforts.
Presenter (s): Ericka Harney
Registration Link : https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcrceitqjsuGNQcRCh9-1Wq-tX81tWNO2Tu